Monday, December 29, 2008

New Traditions


I have a new "Grammy Date" tradition! On Christmas Eve, I took my little grand girls to Kangeroo Zoo! (Thank heavens J came, too--she was the one who ran up and down the slides carrying our littlest A girl!) It was the funnest place. There are 8 big bouncy blow-up toys that the kids can climb up, slide down, jump on to their heart's content. Big sister A thought she would be scared of the bigger toys, but she was soon jumping and sliding with the rest of the big kids. Little A thought she was pretty cool, too, but I think she liked the drinking fountain the best. This is a new tradition that I just love! Hopefully, it gives mommy and daddy a few hours on Christmas Eve day to get "things" in order, and the time to me was so precious. We spent two hours at the "zoo", then had lunch with French fries and ice cream cones, and then had some playing time at Grammy's house. The time sped by, and I could honestly say that I loved every second! My only regret was that my grand boy wasn't there, too. (He was on the road, on his way to my house!) Next time! Wheeee....

post signature

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

That looks and sounds SOOOOO FUN! L would have LOVED that. He would have loved just being with his Grammy, Nessi and the A girls, but to jump on big things and run around like a crazy boy...now that he would have loved! Next time for sure!!!! :)