Monday, September 1, 2008

Passey Reunion

Labor Day weekend is the traditional Passey family reunion at beautiful Bear Lake in Idaho. This year, A & L and girls joined us for the trip north. (C & R were going to come, too, but ended up with colds just a few days before and couldn't make it! We missed them!) I have the sweetest aunts in the world, and one of my Passey uncles looks like my daddy, so this reunion is very special to me. I always come away feeling loved and like a little girl again. Visiting, eating yummy food, relaxing in the sunshine, playing games, and even dipping our toes in Bear Lake is part of the experience. This valley is in my blood. I'm proud to be part of this family of great men and women.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Ah, I just love this picture! Wish we could have been there!

Cindy said...

As you can well imagine, Chelsea and Rob were so disappointed that they couldnt be there!! They were so very sick. It was a sad thing to see; and then I got it!!! We are a sad, sad look'in home here!!
By the way...so love your play list. I heard "COLOR MY WORLD"-my did that take me back eons of years!!! fun!!!

Joleen said...

So great to be able to go to the family reunions. We missed the one with my Dad's family this year due to a baptism on the same day. I hate to miss them because a few great aunts and uncles are getting up there in age and who knows how many reunions they have left. Family is so important. You have such cute granddaughters, that I am really jealous! I have 3 grandsons that live in St. George that I miss dearly. We are headed to SLC this next weekend, so I will have lots of pictures of them and get lots of hugs and kisses. They grow up so quickly.