Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Out with the Old, In with the...Old?? (oh, and the NEW)

Several months ago, Dean bought an old Jeep--a project! He towed it to his shop and tore it apart, right down to the frame. Every day after work, he'd stay a few hours to work on it. The guys at the shop were amazed at how it was going back together, and even though they would have liked to have witnessed the rebirth of the machine to the end, it was time to bring it home (there's a point where you just can't be too trusting anymore). Thanks to Aaron and his great truck, the Jeep that has no seats, no running engine, no hood/sides/windshield, etc. came home last Saturday. Dean had to sit on a block of wood and steer the thing while Aar towed it from Salt Lake.
I've loved having my car in the garage--besides being safer, I hate scraping snow and ice off an freezing-cold car in the winter. But life is full of sacrifices...and this is a huge one for me. Not only is the Jeep coming home to live in my little one-car garage, but now my BRAND-NEW CAR has to be outside in the elements.
Yep, after a few harrowing months of driving our usually dependable 1998 Intrigue through some undependable issues (transmission problems where the engine would stop while driving, major oil leaks, etc.), we traded her in on a beautiful 2007 Ford Taurus. Silver to GOLD! We got a great deal, and most importantly, I am not driving white-knuckled any more! I'm sailing!
Let's just hope the Jeep appreciates that nice warm garage this winter, because next year, he's out of there. And I hope Dean is ready to scrape ice off the new car every morning before he goes to work, because there are limits to my sacrifices. Have fun, honey!

post signature

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

Heehee! I think Dad can find a few minutes to scrap off your car, along with his, in the mornings! I can't wait to see the transformation of the jeep too.

so, I decided while L is napping to glamorize your blog! It's so you, I think! Do you like it?!! :)

Sonja said...

It is a beautiful car, I saw it last night.

Lisa said...

Oh, Chels, I LOVE my new look!! THANK YOU!! It is sooooo me! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes....

Cindy said...

I love your new look too! And a new car!! And a 'new' jeep to work on!! How exciting for you all!! Im so sorry that we even have to begin thinking of winter and that white nasty stuff!! ugh!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice car, Lisa! Way to go. My '99 Saab is going to have to be replaced one of these days. And I love the new look of your blog...I love everything about you!

Joleen said...

I totally feel your pain about the garage. I have 3 sons and Dennis who are way into cars. Tyler, my youngest, is a big, I mean BIG, jeeper. He has many friende in the jeep club up in Bountiful and has been everywhere with them. Moab being the favorite. Last year they went on the Rubicon in California. Much fun. Anyways, the jeep always gets the garage because usually the top is off and it can't sit outside. We also have a restored 1973 Mustang Convertible that always gets the garage too. I am just glad that I now am in Oregon where we do not have any of the white stuff, but then I don't have to fight over the garage now either. It is always so fun to get a new car, so congrats! I hate having car problems and not being able to depend on your car. You will have a blast with the jeep (at least that is what they tell me) all my family loves to go out rock climbing in it and the grandkids think it is great. I just say, don't show me where you have been, because I have seen some of the pictures and they scare me. Have fun!