Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July!




We had a quiet, cozy 4th of July, just Dean, Janessa, and I. (The kids and grands are all down south, so they celebrated with my mom this year.) We did the Centerville parade, which I love because we can get our sausage mcmuffins and our chairs and just GO! No early planning at all. There is always a spot right up front to plant ourselves.


Afterwards, we stayed home and watched "Hello Dolly", one of my faves. Dean napped during it, but Nessi and I enjoyed it! For dinner, we grilled hamburgers and I made potato salad AND macaroni/shrimp salad (Dean said I spoiled him!) with watermelon and mint chocolate chip ice cream for dessert.


About dusk, we headed to the northern fields by Lagoon to watch the fireworks. Janessa thought she needed to sit ON the car instead of in a lawn chair. It was a good show and we had a great view.
Happy Independence Day! America is the best!

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

My goodness! When I saw that pictures of Janessa kicked back, I thought you'd dug out old pictures of Chelsea to reminisce. Took me a second to realize it was 'Nessa!

I miss your dad, too.

Love you.

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chelsea said...

Mom, woops...I left a comment while I was still signed in under another blogger who I was doing a blog design for...MY First paying customer!!!
Anywho, Ah, I wish we all could have been there to eat your feast and watch the fireworks with you! I don't remember Hello Dolly...so we need to watch it sometime together!!!
Love you much!
See you this weekend!