Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Happy Birthday, little sister!

Today is my baby sister, Dionne's, birthday! She and I are 12 years apart, oldest to youngest. She has been a blessing in my life since the day she arrived. I'm thankful to say that as adults, we are great friends. She is energetic where I am slow, eager where I am hesitant, fashionable where I am middle-of-the road, and positive where I am unsure. I follow her more than I lead, and I'm proud to be her sister.
This is one of my favorite pictures, taken Christmas Eve 1972, when Dionne was only a year and a half. There's Troy, our dog Frankie, and Dionne and I. She was (and is still) so cute, I had to grit my teeth!
Hope your day is extraordinary, Dionney! I love you...

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Ahh, that was the sweetest thing ever! Happy birthday Aunt Dionne!

Cindy said...

Lucky, lucky you, to have a sister!! Isnt it fun to have a great outlet to 'show off' our old pictures!! I think its a gas!!!