Thursday, July 17, 2008

Remembering Janice Hatch Boynton

Janice Hatch Boynton
May 30, 1928 - July 17, 2004
Today marks four years since my beautiful mother-in-law, Janice Hatch Boynton, passed away after a devastating stroke and complications. I've been thinking of her all day and hoping that she knew how much I loved her and what an inspiration she was to me. She and I shared the same birthday! She and Cal were married when she was just 18. She had four boys...and was thrilled to have 8 beautiful granddaughters and one handsome grandson (Aaron). (She also has 5 great-grandsons and 4 great-granddaughters, so far.) Sometime in her 30's, she developed severe rheumatoid arthritis and suffered terrible crippling pain. Despite the disability in her hands and feet, she continued to work in the office at Lakeview Hospital. After retirement, she did wonderful handiwork. She always had lovely penmanship and kept notebooks full of "goings on". She was amazing. She loved the cabin, Arizona winters, card and board games, her many friends, family gatherings, and her sweetheart. We miss her. 'Til we meet again, Mom B...

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

That was sweet Mom!
I miss her. I love that picture of her. It's so sweet. This is how I imagine her when we meet again.

Lisa said...

Me, too, honey...