Friday, January 21, 2011

Be careful what you pray for...

Yesterday, after my glorious trip to the temple, I came home to a swamp-load of jobs to be transcribed. Now, don't get me wrong--I LOVE my job. I have a zero commute (unless you count shuffling down the hall in my slippers) and free lunches (PB&J, usually) and munching snacks & rotating laundry between calls. But the downside is that no one works--or works very little--during holidays and vacations, including my buddies, the callers on the other end of my earphones. So, November/December, the months when money is at the forefront of the scene, are very, v...e...r...y slow and my paycheck is very small. I've been praying for the work to increase since the first of January, and here it comes! I worked (with the above-mentioned breaks) from 11:30 AM to 10:00 PM yesterday! Awesome. Unfortunately, my body is complaining today. My shoulders are tight, my arms are sore (I tend to type with my whole arm when I'm tired), and I don't think I've warmed up yet (might need to invest in a space heater one of these days). Thanks for the tender mercy, Father! I can't wait to see if today is just as fruitful.
post signature

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

A hot water bottle under the feet does wonders while awaiting a space heater :)

Chelsea said...

Ah, Mom I'm so glad things picked up again and hope they continue so you can come VISIT US SOON!!! :) Yes, get you a space heater...I have one under our desk in the kitchen and it helps!