Thursday, January 13, 2011

Scripture Power

The other day, I learned a truth that verifies "out of the mouth of babes". My sweet girl humbly admitted that reading the scriptures not only feeds her spirit, but helps her "not to get sick", a fact she learned the hard way a few years ago when she spent the summer feeling punk. We tried vitamins, tummy meds, all the outward remedies...but in the end, she believes it was the nightly scripture power that healed her. I will never look at my own feasting on the Word in the same way, for I, too, am better when my day begins with "and it came to pass..."

In many ways, I envy those who served missions and immersed themselves in daily scripture STUDY. Several years ago, when my soul hungered, I went through a couple of study guides and thoroughly loved the seeking and finding that occurred. I need that again. A friend suggested starting at Page 1 of "Preach of My Gospel" and allowing the spirit to teach through this inspired manual. Wonderful. I'm going to do it, along with those daily Centrum Silver vitamins and the teensy Bayer 81mg aspirins.

P.S. Thanks for the kind words, C...I'll work on that "list" for tomorrow's post.

post signature

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I wish there was a way we could inspire one another!? This yr is the New Testament in Sunday school. I'd love to 'keep up' there too. Any fun ideas?!