Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Rain

Yesterday, as I sat in my little office, typing away, the room got darker and colder...and then I heard thunder. Thunder in winter is a surprise, a rarity. It drew my attention away from my keyboard and out the window to see a downpour of wild, heavy rain and even a few minutes of hail. The mild day had melted much of our snow, but this rain--this drenching, soaking rain--all but obliterated the patchy snow on the lawn. It only lasted a short time, but it gave me a small taste of spring. I'm not much of a winter person, so this is my first hope that it won't always be cold enough to snow and freeze. Even the sight of green--and MUD--is a good sign. Today is sort of sunny...I think I'll sign off and walk to the mailbox to soak up some Vitamin D. Rain, rain, come again ANY day...
post signature

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I love your graphic! Kathy put this saying on a plaque for me one year for Christmas. Nice to see someone else appreciates it as well.

Cindy said...

I'll try not to rub it in about what its like here...in sunny warm St George!!! Sorry!