Thursday, January 27, 2011

Royal Obsession

Okay, for those of you who REALLY know me, you will understand why I've posted this adorable picture! Ever since Princess Diana appeared on the scene 30 years ago (whoa!), I've been fascinated (and yes, a bit fanatical) about the Royal Family. I got up early that morning in July of 1981 to watch the wedding and followed that poor, sweet girl from that day to now. My life is a little bit intertwined with hers--I, too, was married at 19; our babies (mine-C, hers-W) were born just a few months apart; and the day she died, I was at the family cabin and sobbed all night long in disbelief. Now, here is her handsome, GOOD son, getting married (at last!) to the girl he loves. I can see Diana, beaming at them! I watched the interview they gave to the BBC, and when William said that they like to "have a good giggle" together, I was smitten all over again. I'm sure I'll be getting up early again to see THIS royal wedding, too, and crying a little to think how much his mum would have loved the party.
post signature

3 comments:

Dionne said...

And as I have watched this royal family through your eyes, don't forget to mention Di's ring! He is a loyal son!!!

Cindy said...

This post said whats in my heart too Lisa!!! Thank you!! Diana was a bit other-worldly...and in some ways a 'peer.' I love seeing mums mannerisms in him and the world wishes him the best with his beautiful bride!!

Chelsea said...

I love Princess Diana because of YOU Mom!! I just loved looking through the piles of books you have about her. Oh..that horrible night at the cabin...never will forget that.
This is such a cute picture of them! Can't wait to see her dress!