Monday, January 31, 2011

Somewhere there is sun...

Today, as I drove through the gray afternoon to pick up my girl from school, I hit a patch of sun, about ten seconds worth. My first thought was, ahhh, if only I could lay in it; let it soak into my cold fingers and toes, my face, my hair, let it burn through my jeans and turn the world red under my eyelids. Of course, in this last day of January's 30-degree weather, even Mr. Sun couldn't do all that, but the thought was so delicious. I am seriously lacking Vitamin D and it shows everywhere: I'm too white, too cold, too crusty, just like the ice lumps outside my door. Hurry up, Spring...melt me.
post signature

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Never 'too crusty'. I won't accept that :)

Chelsea said...

It's not any better here for the past week...well except that the sun does stay out for more than just a peek. Let's pray for 60's when you guys come!