Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Just Thinking...

...that I sit at my computer for hours at a time (thanks to my perfect at-home job) and sometimes there are no calls to transcribe...and I really should be using that time to WRITE, since that is my first perfect job/dream/wish. In the last few months, I've got the beginnings to three or four great stories, but no endings...and that's frustrating to a wanna-be writer. Thus, the thought: This may be late in coming--12 days late, in fact--but I'd like to have at least one New Year's Resolution that I can actually keep and see blossom. It may take some rearranging of this "for fun" blog that I only look at once-in-a-blue-moon (and you, too, good reader), but I'm sure my girl(s) can help polish it up and keep it vibrant. There, I'm ready to commit - and try with all my "heart" to spill my kinda boring, kinda old-fashioned, kinda trivial little life into a daily blog. Some of you asked for it, so here goes:
President Thomas S. Monson said, "I have carefully chosen four action-packed objectives for your guidance and eternal joy. They are: Gaze Upward, Look Inward, Reach Outward, and Press Forward. ...Write down your goals and what you plan to do to achieve them. Aim high, for you are capable of eternal blessings." (Ensign, May, 1999) Wow, I should have those objectives tattooed on my forehead! (Where are my sticky notes?) The new year is a time of introspection, and I'll admit mine has been painful. I omit so many good things from my days to satisfy whims and justify laziness. I am half a century old (ugh!) and I feel like such a baby at times. When will I learn? Every year, I resolve to do better, only to fail and fall short. This year--this hopeful 2011--I'm taking eensy-weensy steps. They say two weeks of a daily task can form a habit--I want to prove them right!
This is what I'm working on in January (see, I'm writing it down and making a plan!):
**Daily prayer - How blessed I am to be associated with a group of angelic, spiritual women who pray daily for our neighbor/sisters, and what a blessing it has been to write down their names and speak their names aloud. It is powerful.
**Diligent Family Home Evening - Yes, there are only three of us, but I can't express the SPIRIT we've felt the past two Monday nights as we've opened the scriptures, read inspiring stories, and discussed elements of the Gospel. Wow. (and to think my lazy self wasted precious weeks and months on Monday Night Football...)
**Monthly (at least) temple worship - I live 10 minutes away. What is my excuse? I have time. I have a car. I resolve that every 3rd Thursday morning will see me in the temple. Come join me...
Okay, I can do this. I will do this. Conquer one dragon, move on to the next. I'm definitely a "work in progress"...
Talk to you tomorrow!


post signature

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I love it. I'll be cheering you on--and reading you regularly. But, you need to take a moment and reread a bunch of thank-you cards people have written you, or truthfully list at least 10 good things you've accomplished in the last month. I know there have been at least ten. Be honest with your good parts as well as with the parts you want to improve. You're a wonderful lady. I love you.

Cindy said...

You go girl!! Your list is short and sweet, just like mine! We can do!! Im sure of it!! And if there is anything I can do to help you along in your writing...Im there for you too!! I love how you write!! Some day I hope to be a little bit like you!! Im excited to see what you do with your blog. They always seem to be a work in progress. Mine is ever changing...like me I suppose. Love you!!