Friday, February 11, 2011

A Girl Writing

Thanks, Mimi, for this wonderful picture, "A Girl Writing" by Henriette Browne. I see myself in this portrait, as well as my J-Girl. Lately, she has been feverishly writing a wonderful tale about an Angel mesmerized with Hades (she's enchanted with Greek mythology). I love to see her typing away at her computer or scribbling in her notebook, for she has "caught" the writing bug. Ahh, how delicious it is! Sometimes I find myself lying in bed late at night or early in the morning, conjuring up titles to stories--oh, I have a whole grundle of them, like "Bending Steel", "Alone in My Father's House", "The Yellow Barn at Soddy Daisy", or "Somewhere Else to Turn"... They'll probably never gain substance other than these titles, but aren't they intriguing? Don't they just BEG to be written and explored? One of my next goals has got to be that I finish at least ONE of the myriad of stories that are gasping for life in my computer's memory. Just one...
post signature

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Ah, Mom...all those titles sound WONDERFUL !!! I think it's amazing J got her writing skills from you. I sure didn't!!!! :)

Cindy said...

Write woman write!!! You are a master!!! I cant wait!!!