Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Home

I am an admitted homebody, and at times, eager to be alone. As a child, I preferred playing by myself (and all those imaginary playmates) than with the neighborhood friends. I shut the door, pulled the curtain, climbed the tree, crawled inside--all for the sake of inventing my own dialogue, my own scenery, my own orchestrations, my own jokes, my own pace. Even today, I come home from dropping off My Girl at school, hurry through the stacks of dishes and laundry and paper trails, and then snuggle into the recliner with the latest library book or Netflix movie before I need to be at the computer. My alone-at-home time...however brief...is an amazing comfort in the rattle of my days.post signature

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I understand completely and agree totally. I also love quiet time. The kids always have to have music on, and sometimes I indulge in music, too, but lots of the time I just prefer quiet.

Cindy said...

Boy do I relate Lisa! Thanks for stating it so beautifully!