Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Once Upon a Time...

Today marks 32 years since I married my sweetheart, my best friend, my Quiet Man. Look at us--young, fresh, hopeful, starry-eyed with dreams and love, ready to step off into the great beyond. We've been through thick and thin, joy and sorrow, heartache and heartbreak, laughter and longing, and all the rest that goes with being a human being. But we've also felt the stirrings of heaven, seen angels in the form of newborn babies, witnessed miracles and tender mercies, and learned what it means to live "happily ever after" in a world that would rather crush you than hug you. Thank you, honey, for standing by me when you could have walked away, for showering me with blessings I didn't deserve, and for keeping an eternal perspective when it was most important. I love you more than words can say, and I love the family that we created all those years ago.
post signature

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I love pictures of you and dad! My favorite is the one in front of the truck. I may need to blow that one up for my wall! I hope you two had fun last night...let me know if you liked that movie! :)